15 June 2009

pizza pasta salad

Woo hoo! I did make it to 25 by the end of the week! Halfway there!

Number 23 was the herb penne with chicken and tomatoes posted by April. I used the Italian seasoning mix instead of just basil, and Adam added some chicken broth to the sauce. It turned out fine, and the missionaries liked it (they had dinner with us that night).

24 is from my friend Tiana back in DC - she brought this pasta salad to her son's birthday party last summer, and I liked it a lot. I didn't replicate it quite right because it tasted different ... could have been that I used a different dressing, and whole grain pasta. I'm not really liking whole grain pasta in pasta salads ... Anyway, I call it "pizza pasta salad" because it has pepperoni in it.
  • pasta - I used spiral
  • cubes of motzarella cheese (and/or pepperjack)
  • pepperoni - use the thicker stuff you can cut into cubes, it works better than the thin sliced stuff you put on pizza
  • olives
  • diced tomato or cherry tomatoes
  • green pepper
  • whatever other pizza toppings you like
  • Italian dressing - Tiana used creamy Italian, and I used Tuscan something or other

No comments: