23 August 2014
This week I made seven dishtowel-bibs. I had already made four earlier this year for Cupcake, so this batch was easy. Cut a circle in the dishtowel, attach ribbing. Done! And I made another simple baby blanket, bringing my total up to eight for the year. Two layers, usually one printed cotton and the other flannel, stitch right sides together, turn out and then top-stitch a zig-zag around the edge. Now, with all the babies coming, I've got a stash of gifts!
17 August 2014
I wanted another try at the birthday top, but I lengthened it to make it a dress. I like this new one better, but the fit still isn't quite right. Considering I put the whole thing together in a day I won't complain too much. And it's a different sort of t-shirt dress - the bottom half is made from one of Aaron's old shirts. Working with knit wasn't as intimidating as I thought.