I found this on recipezaar and it turned out yummy. I added the crushed red pepper flakes and it gave it a nice zip.
- 14 1/2 ounces penne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/3 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 10 ounces chicken breasts, cooked (can use chicken breast strips - 1 package)
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and black pepper
- crushed red peppper flakes to taste (optional)
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Add tomatoes and basil; cook 2 minutes. Add chicken; simmer for 5 minutes. Toss with pasta and Mozzarella cheese. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
- Note: if you do not have fresh basil or garlic, you may substitute 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.