21 January 2009

baked fish a la New Orleans

6 of 50 and super, super easy ... This is best with a white fish - the recipe calls for sole or flounder, and I used tilapia. Tilapia isn't a particularly firm fish - it flakes apart like nobody's business, but it worked and I like it.

1. Tear off a square of foil big enough to wrap the fish in, and lightly oil it (with Pam spray or brushing on some oil). Have a separate piece of foil for each piece of fish, and put the fish in the center of the foil.

2. Sprinkle each piece of fish with Cajun seasoning (I used Old Bay seasoning), and top with thin slices of tomato, chopped chives, chopped garlic, and lemon juice.

3. Fold the packets shut and bake at 400 for 12 minutes.

4. Unwrap carefully and put onto plate, pour juices onto fish. I served it with rice (white rice with just butter and parsley sprinkled over it).

2 comments:

stewbert said...

mmm ... my like fish. and cajun. thanks!

Tanya J. said...

Do you think that would work with halibut? I'm going to try that for dinner this Sunday!