31 December 2015

Cupcake's Christmas Dress


There was a sale at Shwin&Shwin, and I picked up three girl patterns, including the Pepper Pinafore.  It is originally a shirt, but I added 16 inches to make it a floor-length dress.  I was given the beautiful pale blue fabric, with snowy branches and holly leaves and berries all over it.  And the snow is covered with silver glitter for some sparkle.  It is incredible, and as soon as I saw it I knew it would be a fabulous holiday dress.  I also added the piping to define the waist.  Piping is easy to use, and I love the added color and texture.  I need to get more!


The real star of the show is the back of the dress.  Such a surprise splash of red!  It makes me so happy to see it.  And my second attempt at buttonholes was a success - not the most even, but it wasn't nearly so intimidating this time. 

 
The only thing I paid for was the pattern, and I'll definitely get more use out of it.  It was easy, and it's super cute.  Cupcake loves her dress, and didn't want to take it off.  That is always a win for me.  And for those keeping up with our Alphabet Challenge, this is letter O for over skirt and open back (P for Pinafore makes more sense, but I already have multiple projects for P).

No comments: