31 December 2015

2015 Review

A year ago, I made a 2015 preview with a list of things I hoped to accomplish this year.  I'm happy to report that I actually completed most of them.  I was able to sew a lot and cook a lot.  I just need to make sure my artwork doesn't get forgotten.
  • Sew All 26 - E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P
  • Use a pattern - Yes!  I purchased five, and have used two - the Michelle Jacket, and the Pepper Pinafore.  I love both the finished products, and would gladly make either pattern again. 
  • Zippers and buttonholes - It took two tries at the Kaylee Jumper to get the zipper right, but that may have been because I didn't have a pattern to follow.  Both of the patterns I did use had buttonholes - still have room to improve, but I'm not scared anymore.
  • Quilt - nope. Didn't get around to this one.  But my next letter is Q.  I won a jelly roll of fabric, and a charm pack (and then ordered two more), so I have lots of inspiration.  Aaron got me a rotary cutter for Christmas, and I'm borrowing my mother-in-law's quilting ruler and cutting mat.  She told me to teach her how to quilt when I figure it out.  Quilting needs to happen.
  • Pleated Square Tunic from Shwin&Shwin for Cupcake.  I did do a version of it, but now, even at age three, she'll fit in free size 5/6 that they offer.  Looks like this one will make it on my list again.
  • The first project of the new year was a bubble dress.  This was also the start of Project: Run & Play.  I ended up sewing along with all of their projects throughout the year, except the last one.  Sounds like there will be big changes for 2016, so we'll see if I do it again.
  • Something for me - a maxi skirt, two peasant tops, and two pairs of pajama pants.
  • Paint this shirt.  Sort of.  The elephant shirt is in that style.  And there was paint - the red panda, a maple leaf, and fairy wings and I painted a shirt for me that never got photographed.
  • And even though this wasn't officially on my list, I participated in Kids Clothes Week each time as well.  
And the complete list of projects for this year:
  • bubble dress
  • 2 t-shirts (purple practice, red panda) paint!
  • yoga pants (made from three t-shirts)
  • stretchy maxi skirt for me (and Tawnia!)
  • 100+ rice-filled hand warmers with Tawnia
  • reversible knot dress x2
  • t-shirt "dresses" for Aria and Kate
  • elephant peasant top
  • knit crib sheet
  • peasant top for me x2
  • Kaylee outfit - skirt and top - surger!
  • surged tablecloth
  • green gown
  • Kaylee jumper x2 - zippers!
  • 4 reusable grocery bags - French seams!
  • birthday cupcake princess dress
  • reunion shirt
  • shirt to nightgown upcycle
  • keyhole lavender shirt
  • yellow keyhole top
  • sunglasses pouch
  • 2 diaper covers (one with ruffles)
  • Tinkerbell dress - hand-stitching! rolled hem foot!
  • Vanellope skirt (and painted leggings)
  • purple canvas pants with hand-stitched Sheepy
  • 30 minute purple pillow cover (add more overlap in the back)
  • Strawberry Shortcake hat
  • Michelle Jacket - first pattern! buttonholes!
  • mermaid skirt and top
  • football costume for my friend's dog
  • Sheepy's turtle costume
  • Frozen skirt
  • 6 pairs of pajama pants
  • 4 pillowcases
  • infinity scarf
  • Pepper Pinafore Christmas dress
  • 30+ repairs, especially to the dress-up clothes

No comments: