29 December 2015

2015 Recipe Challenge Review

Well, I did it.  I made 100 new recipes for 2015, with nine days to spare.  It was a fun challenge, which gave me the excuse to read lots of cookbooks, and spend lots of time on Pinterest.  There were plenty of days when I made food I had made before, of course, and I felt guilty for "cheating" for not making something new.  I found lots of food I liked, plenty of food my family didn't, and a few gems we all loved.

most productive month
August
 twelve recipes
 
least productive month
April
four recipes
 
most productive week
February 19-25 
seven recipes
 
two recipes on the same day
14 times
 
My husband is picky. For him a proper meal includes: meat (chicken legs, pork chops), carbs (rice, pasta, potato) and veggies (peas, green beans, broccoli).  Or he would eat nachos every day if I let him, so MANY of my new recipes were things I liked and he didn't.  Lots of days I had to tell myself "I am feeding me," and that my husband can find his own food if he doesn't like it. 
 
popular ingredients
chicken
16 recipes
zucchini
9 recipes

new ingredients
greek yogurt
spaghetti squash
cauliflower
avocado
wonton wrappers

made lots of
vegetables
muffins
ice cream
 
Overall, I'm glad I did it.  I found some great new recipes to add to our regular rotation.  And most importantly, I fed myself and my family for a year.  I was all ready to be done and call it good for 2016, but I got a slow cooker for Christmas, so time for a whole new list of recipes to try!
 
 

some of my favorites
great gluten free snack
a bit time consuming, but still talked about
if I skip the carrots, one of my husband's favorites
don't knock it until you try it - delicious
requested often by my daughter
this will be used every summer
the only way to get my family to eat zucchini
I make this at least weekly
my new go-to biscuit recipe
my 100th recipe and will now make this every Christmas


Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese - Potato and Sausage Bake
Zuppa Toscana - Maple Baked Pears
  Baked Chicken Taquitos - Loaded Potato Soup - Cracker Chicken - Baked Beef Ziti
Baked Apple Pork Chops - Cauliflower Scalloped Potatoes - Pizza Puffs
Chicken Bacon Bites - Parmesan-Crusted Stuffed Chicken - Brazilian Cheese Puffs
Chipotle Popcorn Chicken - Sunshine Muffins - Puff Shells - Peach Chipotle Pork
Hamburger Strata - Mexican-Style Lasagna - Calzones - Lemon "Cuppins"
Cauliflower Chowder - Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
French Toast Churros - Chicken Skillet with Spinach and Tomatoes
Crispy Cheddar Cauli-Tots - Mini Meatloaf Muffins - Banana Breakfast Cookie
Parmesan Potatoes and Broccoli - One Pot Spaghetti - Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Lemon Sugar Cookies - Chicken Tortilla Bake - Chocolate Avocado Pudding
One Pot Pasta and Broccoli - Peanut Butter Cookies
Breakfast Egg Muffins - Cheddar Quick Bread - Roasted Cauliflower
Baked Chicken Wontons - Almond Joy Oatmeal - Pizza Muffins - Wonton Apple Pie
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole - Sausage, Spinach & Tomato Tortellini
Italian Meatballs - Spinach Muffins - Breakfast Enchiladas - Avocado Ice Cream
Stewed Meatballs - Orange Coconut Ice Cream - Creamy Avocado Pasta Sauce
Sweet Orange Chicken - Ice Cream - Broiled Beef Tortellini & Ham
Stuffed Zucchini Cups - Crustless Zucchini Pie - Parmesan Chicken Strips
Parmesan Zucchini - Chocolate Zucchini Muffins - Apple Tuna Salad - Apple Zucchini Muffins - Lemon Zucchini Tuna Casserole - Zucchini Cookies
Twice Baked Spaghetti Squash - Apple Peanut Butter Bars - Zapplesauce
Butter and Garlic Spaghetti Squash - Carrot Cake Smoothie - Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Applesauce Granola - Greek Yogurt Biscuits - Greek Yogurt Chicken
Broccoli and Ham Egg Bake - Carrot Fries - Meatball Stew
Squash and Apple Soup - Twice-baked Cauliflower - Asparagus Fries
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins - Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Greek Yogurt Banana Oat Muffins - Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Sweet Potato Fries - Greek Yogurt Souffle - Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Cheesy Zucchini Rice - Chia Seed Pudding - Broccoli Chicken Bacon Pasta
White Chocolate Lemon Truffles - Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Bacon
Zucchini Cheese Corn Muffins - Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup - Mexican Grilled Chicken
Jell-O Popcorn Balls - No Yeast Pizza Dough - Honey Soy Chicken
Vanilla Buttermilk Pancakes - Peppermint Snowballs
 

No comments: