Number 31 - penne with mushrooms from AllRecipes.com.
- (8 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat olive oil in skillet, cook garlic and mushrooms until tender. Season with salt and pepper, then mix in the butter.
Toss the pasta (a little at a time) with the mushrooms/garlic. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.
I used 2 cloves of garlic, crushed. I used dried parsley. I sprinkled in the parm and the parsley until it was the way I wanted it - I didn't measure either thing.
I added a little bit more olive oil when I was tossing it, because I had twice as much pasta as it called for (I made the full 1-pound box of penne). The proportions weren't off with the mushrooms, so it was fine. I also added the pasta only a little at a time to make sure it all went together okay.
I love mushrooms, so I really liked this. We had it with steamed broccoli.