06 July 2009

Ritz Cracker Baked Chicken

I had a package of chicken leg quarters that I had to use, so I dug this recipe out of my tried-and-true wedding gift "Better Homes and Gardens" cookbook. It was simple and delicious...Jeffery said I had hit the jackpot and to definitely make it again.
Ingredients:
1 egg, beaten
3 Tbsp milk
1 1/4 C crushed Ritz crackers
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
2 1/2 to 3 lb chicken pieces, skinned
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. In a small bowl, combione egg and milk.
3. In a shallow dish, combine crushed crackers, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper; stir in melted butter.
4. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
5. In a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan, arrange chicken, bone side down, so the pieces aren't touching. Sprinkle chicken pieces with any remaining crumb mixture.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
P.S. I served this with sweet corn on the cob, and it felt like an at-home cook-out!

No comments: