27 June 2015

Inspired by Izzy


The internet is a fabulous place, full of free tutorials and patterns.  I found the Izzy top on Climbing the Willow and found it charming.  No added sleeves and an arched waistline.  I was in need of a royal blue top for a family reunion photo coming up, but the only blue I had was knit.  So I completely re-drafted the pattern to fit my needs.  


Only one pattern piece for the top, sized down, and the bottom altered to match.  It all came together so incredibly quickly.  Two shoulder seams, two under arm seams, gather the bottom (which was my husband's old shirt, so no need to hem), attach the bottom, and fold under the neckline.  Done, from start to finish, in less than an hour.


I absolutely love it!  Adorable, comfortable, and easy to put together.  I would make a dozen more, if she didn't already have too many clothes.  It may have been inspired by the Izzy Top, but to me, it will be the Reunion Shirt.  And to Cupcake, it will be the Blueberry Shirt.

Cupcake did not want to stop playing to take pictures, but I managed to get this beauty, so had to share!

No comments: