15 January 2019

2019 To-Do / 2018 Ta-Da!

I know this sort of post isn't required, but I really like to see my to-do list become a Ta-Da! List.  2018 was full of fabric and sewing.  It was wonderful!  My posting dropped off those last few months (my personal blog is at least six months behind!), but I was still very busy - my sister got married and I made four dresses for the flower girls!  And the twin quilts (or Twilts and I've started to call them) that I talk about below...

QUILTING
  • Maple Mission: My own design!  My parents love it.
  • 2 Doll Quilts: Made for and donated to A Doll Like Me.
  • String Bean: My first Project Quilting challenge, and the string piecing I wanted to do.
  • Mini Pink: Little doesn't always mean faster. 
  • Narwhal Quilts: Started and finished in time for two new nieces!
  • Christmas Cake Quilt: All the blocks finished. Hoping to finish in 2019.  I also started a table runner with the scraps!
  • Block of the Month Twilts: This is probably where I put in my most sewing hours, and yet I haven't posted about it at all.  Trina suggested we do the Squared Away Block of the Month on Academic Quilter and then share blocks with each other.  I've made 44 10" blocks - two identical sets of 22, half for me and half for her.  So much work!!  We haven't gotten the last of the blocks sorted out so I can't finish it yet, but I've been cutting even MORE little squares to make a scrappy border for it.  Countless hours of work, but I love it!

As for my non-quilty sewing, I actually accomplished most of what I had hoped to.  My color challenge fizzled out, since I didn't give myself any rules.  And I never made jackets - which I should do soon before Cupcake grows out of the pattern!
  • two sets of pajamas and a sleep sack
  • six towel baby bibs
  • two Mckenzies
  • two baby peasant dresses
  • four baby crinkle toys
  • two Ishi dresses for Easter
  • four Alder skirts for me
  • Maggie Mae sheepy top
  • matching My Little Pony outfits for me and my daughters
  • MLP purple top
  • Strawberry top x4 (two for my girls, two for a friend - they wore them for family photos!)
  • four TMNT drawstring bags, plus four Christmas ones
  • six eye patches
  • Quilt-As-You-Go placemat for a church activity (and helped with many others)
  • Sailor Mercury costume pieces
  • six Garden Party dresses (two for Christmas)
  • four Everyday Necktie (two for Christmas)
  • and mended 49 items.
This year I hope to work on Christmas projects (including at least one [maybe three!] quilts) throughout the year, so I can give more homemade, meaningful gifts. (I'm so over the commercial aspect of the holidays it isn't even funny.)  I've got ideas for ornaments and a few other surprises, so I hope the week after Christmas is full of project posts.  I want another skirt and I've already got some Ravenclaw flannel set aside.  Cupcake will be needing more pajamas.  For quilting: paper piecing and hexagons are still on my list, and I've added economy blocks (unicorn fabric?), perhaps as a pin cushion.  Lots of ideas but I also want to be flexible enough to join in on Sew Alongs as I am inspired (I've already got my eye on a few blocks from this Harry Potter one).  Happy sewing to you!

No comments: