01 May 2014

birthday dress for #3 turning 4

Birthday dress #2 for the year, for JE! I did a size 5 of the roller skate dress/tunic from Oliver + S - I am LOVING their patterns! This is the 3rd O+S pattern I've done just since Christmas - the nightgowns, and JK's Dr. Seuss dress (which was for her birthday), and now this. It's a fully lined dress so I've seen a couple of online sewing gurus make this into a reversible dress. I wasn't quite that ambitious this time - maybe next time I use this pattern. My learning curve on this one was the lining - I hadn't done anything like that before.

It's pink and white gingham with little white daisies all over it, and lined with solid pink. I had ordered the gingham from online a long time ago and it was just sitting there waiting for someone to pick it up. JE thought it was great because it's PINK! I was originally going to line it in white but I couldn't find white at the fabric store when I was getting a few things - I came across some pink and laid the gingham over it to see how it would show through, and it made the flowers stand out a lot more than if they were backed in white. So it worked out GREAT! The bow on the front is gold ribbon, and she has gold summer sandals to wear with it.


She loves to pose like she's dancing - she has her arms out in most pictures of I take of her these days.

No comments: