06 March 2014

St. Patrick's Day Dress


There are so many things I love about this dress, and a few things that I don't.  I made this dress all by myself - no cheater t-shirts.  I started with a simple bodice pattern, and then tweaked it until I liked it.  I finally got flutter sleeves figured out.  I love the fabric, and the button loops and the green trim. 
 
Next time I need to make the bodice just a little bit bigger around the middle - it fits better than the shirt did, but it's still a bit of a pain to get on and off.  And most importantly, I need to cut the skirt at an angle, so it is fuller at the bottom - Cupcake struggles to run and play because it is a little constricting. 
 
I'm sad that it isn't perfect, but I'm still pretty proud of myself.  And I'm aware of the things I need to change for future projects.  Not sure what is next on my list of things to do.  I've been meaning to make myself a tote bag (need a nice big one for the library).  Easter is coming up, so I could work on that project (I have the fabric, not sure what it'll be).  I'm not happy with how all of Cupcake's shirts are becoming too short, so I want to try my hand at peasant tops.  Or I'll take a break until KCW next month and focus on some artwork.

 

No comments: