31 May 2019

May nothing

Oy. This month, life happened, and it happened HARD. I sewed one quilt block for Night Sky, and that's it. No mending, no nothing. My goal was to finish Night Sky entirely for SM's birthday, but in the first couple of days of the month, I got a Facebook message from a friend in Australia whose college-age daughter is in the US ... and everything went down the tubes while I dealt with her passport issues.

So here's the Night Sky status ... A few weeks ago, my little girls helped me lay out the finished blocks to see how they can fit together. My mistake with this quilt is that I made things of all kinds of different sizes without planning how they would fit together, so I'm kind of scrambling now. It looks really neat, but it's a rather painful Tetris game to put it together.


Left side of this shot - finished section. Center - a newly finished section that was actually done/mentioned in April, but I'm just now getting pictures of it. I need a third section for the bottom to get it to 80 inches long. It's 60 inches wide.


Twin-sized quilts are typically 90x70 inches but I cleared 10 inches off because this is going on a bunkbed. I don't want lots of overhang at the edges of the bed - the slightly smaller quilt works better for us.

No comments: