03 November 2015

Frozen skirt

I won a blog contest a while back on Thread Riding Hood and got to do a little shopping at Stay Home Fabrics.  I saw a quarter yard of pink sparkly Frozen fabric on clearance and just had to get it for my princess.  A quarter yard is plenty for a skirt for a three year old, even when she wears a size 5/6.  And I even have a scrap leftover for something else.


Once I decided on a skirt, I remembered a tutorial from Make It Love It for a skirt that had a little bit of tulle peeking out the bottom.  I happened to have just the right amount leftover from Cupcake's mermaid costume.


It was very easy to put together - I did it in an afternoon.  I didn't look over the directions closely though, and reversed the lining so the tulle is against her skin, but she doesn't notice or care at all.  She's happy, so I'm happy.  It was a nice finish to Kid's Clothes Week.

No comments: