31 January 2019

January in Canada

I've got to admit, Trina had a good idea last year.  I liked her monthly reports.  I didn't post too often last year because I was working so much on one quilt that still isn't finished.  Other bloggers post progress on projects and honestly it is just as much about the journey as it is the completed object.

So far this year I've been sewing pretty much constantly, with a drawing added in there for good measure.  My house may suffer for it, but it isn't like I can keep up with the mess anyway so I might as well have fun.

Project Quilting mystery quilt along
that I totally tweaked and made my own.

a baby quilt for a friend made in just a week.

I got further on the Twilt 
(or Twin Quilts - the Squared Away BOM from last year).
I'm going to make a scrappy border for it
so LOTS of 2.5" squares for that.

Made a replacement block for the Twilt - 
I just didn't like the original blue one.
Now that we both approve, I need to make a second one.
  
NEW PROJECT!  Sew Fresh Quilts is making a Harry Potter quilt!
It is more exact that I've ever had to be, but super fun.
I'll just be doing the first four blocks instead of the whole thing. 

(See, this is something that I wouldn't have posted about before,
since it isn't a complete project, just a block.)

And since there's time for something between the HP blocks,
I started a mini quilt with economy blocks, because I think they're fun.  
I plan on donating it to A Doll Like Me like last year.

No comments: