06 January 2018

2017 Review / 2018 Preview

2017 Projects
Looking back at my list from a year ago, I completed it... mostly.  I did complete my alphabet, but didn't do the final project I originally planned.  I'm going to do it though, to celebrate the end of the Alphabet Challenge!  And I was very vague by saying "more quilting" which definitely happened (including using that jelly roll and the white charm squares) but I still haven't attempted paper piecing or done any more string quilting.
PLUS I made ....






2018 Plans
With the Sew All 26 complete (except that last zipper pouch) I've thought of a new challenge. COLOR!  No deadline, no specifics (sewing? quilting? both?), so not really challenging, but it'll be nice to branch out and use colors I don't normally use.  I already have RED well underway, and PINK is on my list for the next Finish-A-Long

Quilting!  I knew that once I got started I would love it.  And I do!  The last thing I need in my house is more blankets, but I live in a cold place, so who cares.  I have one surprise quilt almost ready to be quilted (thank you Trina for the border) and I've started a Christmas one with a layer cake that I won in a giveaway.  I still want to try my hand at paper piecing, once I find the right pattern.  I'd love to do string quilting again like I did on my sewing machine cover.  I received a set of hexagon and triangle rulers for Christmas and I have a few ideas for how to use those. I'm a total copycat and want to make a table runner like Trina.  And maybe, just for fun, I'll make a sampler quilt, just to try out new blocks without committing to a whole quilt.

Clothes!  Time for a batch of new pajamas for Cupcake, specifically a sheepy nightgown.  Snowflake needs a new sleepsack since the one I made over the summer is falling apart at the shoulders.  And I'd love to make more outfits for them to match (while neither will complain) - possibly Easter dresses, or something for the summer.  I also have fabric to make jackets for them (one is already cut out).  Snowflake doesn't really need clothes, but I have several patterns I want to make for her - either Maggie Mae or McKenzie.  The first Maggie Mae I made for Cupcake actually tore, so I have a sheepy bodice I need to make into a new dress.  And if that pattern still fits, I'm going to use the new My Little Pony fabric I got for Christmas to make another dress from the same pattern.  To round it all out, I've got a few friends having babies soon, and I need to make some more bibs and toys for gifts!  I'm looking forward to a very productive year!

No comments: