04 August 2009

Something new and made up

So, sometimes, when I don't have all the ingredients for something I want, or I just don't want anything I know how to make, I start experimenting. The following is one of those things, that turned out really well. I just don't know what to call it. Mushroom goulash? Hamburger Shells? What do you think?

1 lb. Box small shells
1 family size can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. milk
1/2 -1 lb ground beef, browned
2 cups shredded cheese ( I use colby jack, but I am sure you could use any thing)

Cook noodles according to directions. In the meantime, mix the cream of mushroom soup and milk, and heat over medium heat until bubbly. Add the cheese. When the cheese has melted, add the cooked ground beef. When the noodles are done, drain, and add the sauce. Mix well, then serve.

My family is adding this recipe to our favorites. I am not really sure how much meat I actually use, but I know I try to stretch it as much as possible right now.

And, as I said, I am not sure what to call it in my cookbook. Any ideas?

No comments: