11 January 2009

The Sneaky Chef

I bought a cookbook that my mother-in-law had recommended just after Christmas called The Sneaky Chef. The gist is to get picky kids to eat their vegetables, but I picked it up because I have a picky husband. The goal is to hide good for-you-foods by pureeing them in foods most people like anyway. Anyway, as I read it, I realized that even if I WASN'T cooking for picky eaters, it's neat to be able to add extra fruits and veggies to normal meals. Example: the other night we had grilled chicken, broccoli, and then the macaroni and cheese recipe (next, in a sec) that has zucchini and cauliflower hidden in it. Even though I like zucchini and cauliflower, I wouldn't have eaten them both with that meal...and anyway, I prefer mac and cheese! So when I make the recipes from this book, it's with the goal of having something yummy that also happens to be good for you.

1 comment:

Liz Autry said...

I have that cookbook as well. I have not tried any of the recipes yet, but it is good to know that someone has, and liked it!